Chapter Leadership and Contact Information:
Central Arkansas - ACFE Chapter #84
Room 172, State Capitol Building
Little Rock, AR 72201
Mr. Al Malzewski CFE, CPA (email
Mr. Jerry Spratt CFE, CFSA, CGFM, CPA (email
Mr. Chris Caldwell, CFE, CPA (email
Ms. Kimberly Ann Williams CFE, CPA (email
2016 Fraud Conference
Thursday - Friday, July 28-29, 2016
Pulaski Technical College
Campus Center Building - R.J. Wills Lecture Hall
3000 West Scenic Drive
North Little Rock, AR 72118
(last year’s conference site)
Sessions will begin at 8:00 am and end at 4:00 pm.
Registration begins at 7:30 am on July 28th and at 7:45 am on July 29th.
A total of 16 CPE hours will awarded for the conference - an INCREDIBLE value! The specific breakdown of this year's conference has not been determined yet, but we anticipate 2 hours of Ethics, 2 hours of Other, and 12 hours of A&A.
Click here for a copy of this year's Conference flyer
Please RSVP to Kim Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org
and RSVP the number of hours you are attending for certificate purposes. Parking is available in front of the Campus.
A brief Chapter business meeting is scheduled for Thurs, July 28th at 4:00 pm.
Chapter dues and conference registration fees are only $125 again this year. The Conference fee includes snacks at two breaks and lunch on both days. Online payments are now closed, so please pay at the door when you check in. Please email Kim Williams to register in advance so we have an accurate head count for the event.
The online prepayment option is now closed. Please look for this option to return for next year's conference.
You may also donate money directly to our Chapter's scholarship fund. No amount is too small or too big - every donation is greatly appreciated. Click below to Donate.
We are very excited and thankful to have a great lineup of speakers for our 2016 conference!
2016 Conference speakers are:
- Principal, Owner Acuity Forensics in Vancouver, WA. Ms. Couch has more than 18 years of experience in the field of accounting. Her expertise is in matters involving fraud investigation, forensic accounting contract and regulatory compliance, internal control risk assessment, and complex litigation. Ms. Couch is the winner of the 2014 James R. Baker Speaker of the Year, presented by the ACFE. Ms. Couch will present 8 hours of CPE on Friday, July 29, 2016
, including 2 hours of Ethics in the morning.
- Editor with Arkansas Business. Ms. Moritz will present part 2 of Arkansas Version of American Greed
- as a follow up from our March Lunch CPE that was enjoyed by all who attended.
- Treasury Management and Payment Consultant for US Bank. Mr. Scuderi will present Check Fraud Schemes and Current Trends.
- Major Case Manager, SIU Nationwide - will present Organized Crime: Staged Auto Accidents & Bodily Injury Abuse.
- Director of Information Security, Arvest Bank - will present information on cyber-crime targeting public and private sector entities.
- Business Analyst, Delta Dental of AR - will present Data Analytics - What Can I Find?
Lunch CPE - Mon, March 28, 2016
Our quarterly CPE lunch in March featured a presentation by Gwen Moritz
from Arkansas Business. Ms. Moritz presented Arkansas Version of American Greed
on Monday, March 28, 2016
starting at 12 noon at Whole Hog
, 2516 Cantrell Road, Little Rock, Arkansas 72202 (near Riverdale). Everyone in attendance had a great time and enjoyed hearing Gwen's stories.
Stay tuned for the next CPE lunch. Please plan to arrive by 11:30a to get your lunch and then join us in the meeting room attached to the main dining area. One hour of CPE will be awarded FREE to all Chapter members in attendance. If you have not paid your Chapter dues for 2015-2016, dues are only $25 and can be paid at this event. For this free CPE event you will be responsible for your own lunch with Whole Hog's full menu to choose from.
Please RSVP to Al Malzewski at email@example.com if you plan to attend.